Kids Deserve Healthy Food and Safe Air to Breathe, Clean Water to Drink, and Safe Places to Play. That's Why We're Celebrating Mother's Day.
Rural kids get a double dose of pesticide exposure and that is a big cause for concern. You can learn more about the health impacts of pesticides on kids from Pesticide Action Network's recent study that came out (Kids on the Frontline). Kids are just one of the reasons we're calling on McDonald's to be a leader in the fast food industry and cut their use of pesticides.
Stop poisoning their consumers, farm workers, and rural people with pesticides from the potatoes grown for their products
Stop predatory marketing of junk food to children
- Stop trapping your workers and their families in poverty
What you can do now:
- You can take part in this first action of the year by calling McDonald's at 1-800-244-6227 and sharing our demands (here is a script). You can also help by spreading the word to friends.
- Share on social media the message:
- Pesticides, poverty wages, & marketing to kids. @McDonalds & @SteveEasterbrk we’re #notlovinit (TWITTER)
- Demand McDonald's make change and lead the way in fast food by buying pesticide free potatoes, stopping predatory marketing to children, and stopping trapping your workers and their families in poverty! (FACEBOOK)
You Can Get Involved By:
- Calling McDonald's directly at 1-800-244-6227 and sharing the three points above (Download Script here). Tell them Toxic Taters says hi!
- Sharing our factoids on social media: Pesticides in water, 1 out of 6 children, newborn children, 9 million lbs of potatoes sold daily, McDonald's potatoes, 98% of potatoes sprayed, 9 out of 10 children eat at McDonald's. Make sure to use #notlovinit
- signing the online petition
- making a donation to Toxic Taters
- volunteering with our work